HELP A DIALYSIS PATIENT NOW
Welcome to For Kidney’s Sake, Inc.
A Social Service Providing Organization for Chronic Kidney Disease/dialysis patients!
With obesity, diabetes and many other kidney failure risk factors on the rise, subsequently incidences of Chronic Kidney Disease leading to dialysis is on the rise. As with any illness there are often physical and psychological trauma that patients suffer, and with CKD many suffer from physical cramps, tiredness, isolation and depression. At For Kidney’s Sake we have taken the initiative to develop programs that combat the issues of isolation, lack of socialization and depression for CKD/dialysis patients. From events to activities and trips, all of our programming is focused towards increased socialization which allow patients to live a longer, better quality lifestyle.
But Why The Initiative You May Ask?
Let’s Consider Some Stats…
- Chronic kidney disease stands as the 9th leading cause of death in the USA
More than 31 million people suffer from CKD in the USA (that’s almost 10% of the total population)
- CKD risks for African Americans is 3.8 percent higher compared to whites and Asians' risk are 1.3 percent higher compared to whites
- Diabetes and hypertension are the number one and two factors leading the Kidney Disease, respectively
- Diabetes causes 38.5% of all kidney failures
- Out of the total, 69% patients suffer from severe depression
- It is evident from the aforementioned facts that CKD is clearly a lifestyle changer, but it also has several adverse effects on both the individual and their family.
- Much of what is needed by the CKD/dialysis community is a combination of community awareness, education, support groups, and affordable social activities/trips.
- At For Kidney’s Sake we improve the lives of dialysis patients one day at a time!
There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
Join Us for Breakfast!
Register now, seats are limited. Register with Dawn @ (877-275-8770, ext. 2 or Angela (877) 275-8770.
Date: Friday. 5/26/17 from 9:30am - 11:30am
Location: Atlantic Dialysis Management Services Education & Training Center, 75 Rockaway Ave, Valley Stream, NY 11725
For Kidney's Sake Needs Your Help!!
We are seeking Volunteer Advisory Committee Members
We are looking to fill the following positions: Treasurer, Grant Writer & Volunteer Coordinator
Please contact Angela L. Davis, President and Founder @ (877) 275-9770.