HELP A DIALYSIS PATIENT NOW
Welcome to For Kidney’s Sake, Inc.
A Social Service Providing Organization for Chronic Kidney Disease/dialysis patients!
With obesity, diabetes and many other kidney failure risk factors on the rise, subsequently incidences of Chronic Kidney Disease leading to dialysis is on the rise. As with any illness there are often physical and psychological trauma that patients suffer, and with CKD many suffer from physical cramps, tiredness, isolation and depression. At For Kidney’s Sake we have taken the initiative to develop programs that combat the issues of isolation, lack of socialization and depression for CKD/dialysis patients. From events to activities and trips, all of our programming is focused towards increased socialization which allow patients to live a longer, better quality lifestyle.
But Why The Initiative You May Ask?
Let’s Consider Some Stats…
- Chronic kidney disease stands as the 9th leading cause of death in the USA
More than 31 million people suffer from CKD in the USA (that’s almost 10% of the total population)
- CKD risks for African Americans is 3.8 percent higher compared to whites and Asians' risk are 1.3 percent higher compared to whites
- Diabetes and hypertension are the number one and two factors leading the Kidney Disease, respectively
- Diabetes causes 38.5% of all kidney failures
- Out of the total, 69% patients suffer from severe depression
- It is evident from the aforementioned facts that CKD is clearly a lifestyle changer, but it also has several adverse effects on both the individual and their family.
- Much of what is needed by the CKD/dialysis community is a combination of community awareness, education, support groups, and affordable social activities/trips.
- At For Kidney’s Sake we improve the lives of dialysis patients one day at a time!
There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
2nd Annual Bowling for Bundles Fundraiser
July 8, 2017 from 6pm to 8pm
A fun filled charity fundraiser to support an amazing organization called "For Kidney's Sake". This powerful organization was developed to provide balance and positivity in the lives of Dialysis patients.
There will be lots of food, fun raffles, door prizes, and a silent auction. Hope to see you there!
Pink & Pearls Brunch
Aug. 20, 2017 from 11:30am to 3:30pm
For Kidney’s Sake presents Pink & Pearls Brunch - an intimate conversation between us girls! This is a fun day including massages, giveaways, and entertainment. Meet other girls and discuss topics related to just us girls.
This event will be on Sunday, August 20th at The Harvest Room, located at 90-40 160th Street, Jamaica, NY 1143 from 11:30am to 3:30pm. Looking forward to seeing you!
Rise Up And Flourish
November 5, 2017 from 4pm to 9pm
Rise Up & Flourish is a celebration of the champion spirit in our dialysis and CKD patients in the New York City and Long Island area.
Enjoy a lovely evening out at Antun’s of Queens Village. Antun’s is located at 96-43 Springfield Boulevard in Queens Village. Tickets are $90 per person. Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are available.
For more info contact Angela at (877) 275-8770 or Dawn at (877) 275-8770, ext. 2. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Donor Sabbath
Nov 10 - 12, 2017
Today, most faith communities are supportive of organ donation and the individual choices of its members. Many view donation as an act of compassion and generosity.
Since people often turn to their faith leaders for help when dealing with life and death issues, National Donor Sabbath provides an opportunity for faith communities to share their views and join in the conversation.
For Kidney's Sake Needs Your Help!!
We are seeking Volunteer Advisory Committee Members
We are looking to fill the following positions: Treasurer, Grant Writer & Volunteer Coordinator
Please contact Angela L. Davis, President and Founder @ (877) 275-9770.